What Are the Necessary Annual Residential Roofing Repairs and Maintenance Requirements
Although we are now anticipating the summer, we have decided to remind you that only in a few months fall will come again, and that is the season when you need to take the most care for your roof. In order to help you learn what you need to do in the fall to keep your roof healthy, our residential roofing repairs specialists have prepared a short list with the 5 must-do maintenance tasks. And they are…
- Cleaning gutters and drainage spouts from fallen leaves, dirt, dead animals or insects. Always wear gloves and eye protection equipment in order to protect yourselves from any potential hazards when doing this job.
- Thorough roof inspection. Ask the roofer you have called to help you with your fall roof maintenance to first inspect the roof for cracks, loose shingles, or rotting wood, and chimney issues.
- Replace and fix any broken or loose shingles. Residential roofing repairs specialists know better than anyone else how to fix your shingle problems with the least amount of effort and materials which will be both time and money-saving for you.
- Secure the cracks in your roof. If during the inspection your roofer notices any cracks, make sure you get them fixed before late fall when small animals and insects start looking for a new home to hide in during the cold months. If you do not want your house to become a shelter for unwanted invaders, inspect your roof for holes and get them sealed well.
- Cut tree branches which are hazardously hanging over your roof. Although autumn is not the best time for pruning, if you notice that the branches of a tree next to your roof started to rot and bend down, we recommend you to call an arborist to cut them as much as needed in terms of the safety of you and your family.
If you are seeking for a reliable roofer to perform residential roofing repairs in properties in and around Birmingham, AL, your first choice should be A-Towne Builders!