Free Advice by a Local Construction Company on How to Manage a Small Deck Building Project
Building a small deck around your pool is not something that requires months or tons of materials. Such a type of home upgrade investment is, actually, quite budget-friendly. Today, the specialists of our construction company in Birmingham AL will provide you with some tips that can help you manage your building work in no time. If you are interested to learn more, read this post to it very end!
- The first thing you need to start out with is the layout. Use a string line to mark the outside frame of the deck. Remember that the string line marks the outside of the frame. The actual dimensions depend on your personal preferences.
- Use a paint spray to mark 4 to 6 holes which are going to be used for putting the main poles into. These wooden poles will have to support the entire deck later.
- When you are ready, measure each corner diagonally to make sure that the numbers from both side measurements are the same. If they differ a bit, make sure to correct that difference before you start the actual construction work.
- Dig the holes for the poles,, afterwards. They should be around 10” to 12” in diameter and 40” to 48” deep. If the ground is hard, use steel braking bars to simplify the process. There is no need to hire a machine, you can do this yourself.
- Call a construction company and consult them on what the best type of wood will be for your porch, depending on the local climate and the price you are willing to pay for materials. Then set up a date when they will deliver the materials and come with their special equipment to work at your property.
- Before they build the deck, make sure you put plastic and gravel underneath the construction to make sure no weeds will grow under your deck.
If you need to book a trustworthy and affordable construction company to work on your project, you can count on the services of A-Towne Builders, Just call us at (205) 545-4146 and share your home upgrade ideas with us, and we will come on site to give you some free tips on how to create your dream deck!